Triple J Countdown and Aus Day Cocktail Picks
A day in the sun with good company, beautiful weather and the best music. Better yet, 2 DAYS! SIGN ME UP.
WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE #1???
My Money is on Tonnes and I - Dance Monkey!
How amazing is this weekend! We're ready to party the weekend away with the best of the best. And today, we're going to share with you our top 5 Cocktails picks that you DEFINITELY need on the list for this weekend!
5. Breakfast Martini...
We better kick things off right by leaving the Mimosa in 2019. Start the day off with a Breakfast Martini. Here's what you'll need:
- 45ml Gin
- 15ml Cointreau (Triple Sec will do)
- 30ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Teaspoon or Marmalade.
- Fill a boston glass with ice.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Shake thoroughly and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
4. Tropical Passion...
Get ready to head to the tropics with this absolutely refreshing passion fruit cocktail. Here's what you'll need:
- 6 Limes
- 170ml Passionfruit Pulp
- 400ml Vodka
- Top up with Soda Water or Sparkling Mineral Water
- Garnish with Limes Wedges and Mint
- Squeeze the juice of 6 limes. Add to a jug of ice with passionfruit pulp.
- Add 400ml vodka, and stir well.
- Divide between 8 glasses, top up with soda or sparkling mineral water.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint.
3. Raspberry, Prosecco and Mint Cocktail...
One for the girls who like to try something different. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/4 cup (55g) Caster Sugar
- 125g Punnet Raspberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vodka
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- Small Pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Prosecco or Sparkling Wine
- Place sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool, then cover and chill until needed.
- Whiz half the berries in a food processor until smooth. Strain, discarding any solids.
- Half-fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, torn mint leaves, chilli flakes, raspberry puree and 2 tbs sugar syrup. Shake well, then stir in Prosecco.
- Fill glasses with ice, strain over cocktail and serve with remaining mint and berries.
2. Tequila Sunrise...
Tequila Sunrise or Sunset... You tell us ;) Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 45ml Tequila
- 90ml Chilled Orange Juice
- 15ml Grenadine
- Oranges and Glazed Cherries to Garnish
- Fill 3/4 of the glass with Ice.
- Pour in the Tequila and Orange Juice.
- Slowly pour in grenadine. It will sink to the bottom, so do not stir the drink.
- Garnish with Oranges and Glazed Cherries.
1. STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI...
I mean, it's the QUEEN of ALL COCKTAILS! Try to convince us otherwise... Here's what you'll need.
- 250g Frozen Strawberries (Only the best Daiquiri's are made from frozen and fresh fruit... NOT ICE)
- 60g Fresh Strawberries
- 30ml Sugar Syrup
- 60ml Lime Juice
- 120ml White Rum
- Fresh Strawberries or Lime to Garnish
Place all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet and blitz until all strawberries are blitzed.
Taste and adjust sweet with more syrup, sour with lime (and booze if you dare!).
Pour into glasses and serve, garnished with fresh strawberries or lime!
So there you have it, our TOP 5 Cocktail Picks for this weekends party!
We'll be kicking back at the beach, surrounded by the best company, Strawberry Daiquiri in hand while listing to the best hits!
Make sure you send us a photo of you enjoying your cocktail of choice this weekend! We're definitely going to show you ours!!!